Railway Recruitment Control Board (RRCB) is fully organized and operated by Government of India under Ministry of Railways. RRCB under Railway recruiting boards (Present 19) calling various posts / vacancies through direct recruitment and competitive examinations for every year.
Railway Recruitment Posts: Gazetted (Group 'A' and 'B') and Non-gazetted (Group 'C' and 'D'). C. 19 RRBs to recruit Group C and D posts.
Group 'A' Posts - Group A posts is carried out by UPSC - appointed through Civil Service Exam, Engineering Service Exam, and Combined Medical Service Examination.
Group 'B' Posts - This posts are not open to directly. The Group B posts link Section Officers Grade - upgraded posts from Group 'C' railway employees on deputation basis.
Group 'C' Posts - Technical and Non-Technical cadre posts like Clerk, Station Masterm Ticket Collector, Commercial Apprentice, Traffic Apprentice, Engineering posts (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Signal & Telecommunication) etc.
Group 'D' Posts - These posts in various disciplines include Trackman, Helper, Assistant Points Man, Safaiwala, Ganman, Peon etc.
Indian Railway Recruitment Zones: Indian Railways organizational structure is divided into 17 zones, which are further sub-divided into various city wise divisions. All RRBs official website links and contact E-Mail List Visit - http://www.rrcb.gov.in/rrbs.html
1. Central Railway (CR) - Mumbai
2. East Central Railway (ECR) - Hajipur
3. East Coast Railway (ECoR) - Bhubaneswar
4. Eastern Railway (ER) - Kolkata
5. North Central Railway (NCR) - Allahabad
6. North Eastern Railway (NER) - Gorakhpur
7. North Western Railway (NWR) - Jaipur
8. Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR) - Guwahati
9. Northern Railway Railway (NR) - Delhi
10. South Central Railway (SCR) - Secunderabad
11. South East Central Railway (SECR) - Bilaspur
12. South Eastern Railway (SER) - Kolkata
13. South Western Railway (SWR) - Hubli
14. Southern Railway (SR) - Chennai
15. West Central Railway (WCR) - Jabalpur
16. Western Railway (WR) - Mumbai
17. Metro Railway, Kolkata - Kolkata
Group C & D Qualifications: Minimum 10th class pass or ITI or equivalent trade.
Indian Railways latest government jobs opening details available on below table: (Last updated on 16th April 2014)
Name of the Zone
No of Vacancies
Name of the Posts
Last Date for Apply
Railtel Corporation of India Limited
North Central Railway College Tundla
Northeast Frontier Railway
Contract Medical Practitioners