Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi - 110067 has openings for faculty recruitment at the level of Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor in various areas of specialization. The Last date for submission of applications completed in all respects, shall be 25th May 2015.
Name of Post
Scale of Pay
PB-IV Rs.37400 – 67000/- + AGP Rs.10000/-
PB-IV Rs.37400 – 67000/- + AGP Rs.9000/-
PB-III Rs.15600 – 67000/- + AGP Rs.6000/-
(1) An eminent scholar with a doctoral degree in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline and published work of high quality, and actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with a minimum of ten publications as books and/or research/policy papers.
(2) A minimum of ten years experience in teaching at University/College Level, and/or research at a University/National level institution, including experience of guiding research at doctoral level.
(3) Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology-mediated teaching process.
(4) A minimum score as indicated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS) as set out in the UGC Regulations, 2010.
Associate Professor ->
(1) Good academic record with doctoral degree in concerned or allied/relevant discipline.
(2) A Masters degree with at least 55% of marks or an equivalent grade of 'B' in the 7 point scale with letter grades O, A, B, C, D, E.
(3) A minimum of eight years experience of teaching and/or research in an academic / research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University/College or Accredited Research Institution, excluding the period of doctoral research, with some distinction in the areas of scholarship as evidenced by quality of a minimum of five publications as books and/or research/policy papers.
(4) Contribution to educational innovation, design of new courses, curricula, and technology-mediated teaching/learning process and/or evidence of having guided doctoral candidates and/or research students.
(5) A minimum score as indicated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS) as set out in the UGC Regulations, 2010.
Assistant Professor ->
(1) Good academic record with at least 55% marks or, an equivalent grade of 'B' in the 7 point scale with letter grades O,A,B,C,D,E and F at the Master's Degree level, in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from accredited foreign University.
(2) M.Phil and Ph.D. in the relevant field prescribed in appropriate cases, a desirable or essential qualification. The minimum qualifications shall not be relaxed even if a candidate has research degrees like M.Phil or Ph.D.
(3) Qualification in the National Eligibility Test (NET) for Lecturers conducted by the UGC, CSIR or a similar test accredited by the UGC (disciplines in which NET is not conducted are exempted from this condition). Candidates who have been awarded the Ph.D. degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of qualification in the NET.
Application Form Fee: Application Form can be obtained/submitted in person on payment of Rs. 500/- by demand draft from candidates belonging to General & OBC category or can be obtained by post by sending a demand draft for Rs. 520/- (Rs. 500/- plus Rs. 20/- postal charges for General & OBC category). Payable on any nationalized bank in favour of the Finance Officer, Jawaharlal Nehru University payable at New Delhi (non-refundable) to The Section Officer, Recruitment Cell, Room No. 131-132, Administrative Block, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi - 110067. There is no application fee for SC/ST/PH candidates.
How To Apply: The duly filled-in application form can be submitted along with the demand draft reach to The Section Officer, Recruitment Cell, Room No. 131-132, Administrative Block, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi - 110067. The last date for receipt of applications is 25/05/2015.
|Detailed Advertisement >>||Professor & Associate Professor Application Form >>||Assistant Professor Application Form >>|