The Madras Sanskrit College & S.S.V. Patasala, Mylapore (Chennai) invites applications for the post of Principal and Assistant Professor. Eligible candidates apply within 30 Days form the date of advertisement in Employment News Paper 04 - 10 June 2016 Issue.
About: The Madras Sanskrit College & S.S.V. Patasala - Recognized as Adarsh Sanskrit Mahavidyalaya under the Scheme for financial assistance to Institutions recognized as Adarsh Sanskrit Mahavidyalayas/ Sodha Sansthan being implemented by the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan (Deemed Univeristy) under Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
Name of the Post
No of Post
₹ 37400 - 67000 + ₹ 10000 and Special Allowance ₹ 3000
Assistant Professor of Advaita Vedanta
₹ 15600 – 39100 + ₹ 6000
Qualification and Experience:
(1) A Master’s degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) by a Recognized University.
(2) A Ph.D Degree in concerned/ allied/ relevant discipline(s) in the Institution concerned with evidence of published work and research guidance.
(3) Associate professor/ professor with a total experience of fifteen years of teaching/ research/ administration in Universities, Colleges and other Institutions of higher education.
(4) A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS) as set out n this Regulation in Appendix III for direct recruitment of Professors in Colleges.
(5) Ability to teach through the medium of Sanskrit.
(6) Ph.D or equivalent qualification.
Assistant Professor ->
(1) Good academic record with atleast 55% of the marks or, an equivalent grade in a 7 point scale wherever grading system is followed at Acharya in concerned subjects or
equivalent degree level, in the concerned subject from an Indian University or, an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
(2) Besides fulfilling the above mentioned qualifications, candidates should have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test
accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
(3) Notwithstanding anything contained in aforementioned clauses (1) and (2) as per of the UGC Regulations, 2010 and subsequent amendments thereto, candidates, who are, or have been awarded a Vidyavaridhi / Ph.D Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility conditions of NET/ SLET/ SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor.
(4) Ability to teach through the medium of Sanskrit for post (1) and (2).
Application Fee: ₹ 500/- in the form of a crossed Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favour of the Principal, The Madras Sanskrit College & S.S.V. Patasala
How to Apply: Application containing details of academic qualifications and experience supported by attested photocopies of original documents along with fee (DD) should reach to "The Chairman, The Madras Sanskrit College & S.S.V. Patasala, 84, Royapettah High Road, Mylapore, Chennai - 600004" within 30 days from the date of advertisement in the News Paper (i.e. Last date will be 04/07/2016). The ordinary post or by hand will not be accepted.