Indian Army invites applications from married / unmarried Male and unmarried Female candidates and also from Wards of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel, for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in the Indian Army under NCC Special Entry Scheme 42nd Course – October 2017.
NCC SPECIAL ENTRY SCHEME 42ND COURSE-OCT 2017 SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION (NT) FOR MEN & WOMEN (INCLUDING WARDS OF BATTLE CASUALTIES OF ARMY PERSONNEL)
Post & Course Name
50 (45 for General and 05 for Wards of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel only)
04 (03 for Women General Category and 01 for Wards of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel only
Age Limit: For NCC candidates (including Wards of Battle Casualties) 19 to 25 years (born not earlier than 02 July 1992 and not later than 01 July 1998, both dates inclusive).
For NCC 'C' Certificate Holders ->
(1) Degree of a recognized University or equivalent with aggregate of minimum 50% marks taking into account marks of all the years/ semesters.
(2) Those studying in final year are also allowed to apply provided they have secured minimum 50% aggregate marks in the first two/three years. Such students will need to secure overall aggregate of minimum 50% marks if selected in interview failing which their candidature will be cancelled. The candidates studying in the final year of graduation should complete their examinations related to the degree, like, written, practical's, viva-voce, projects backlogs etc prior to 01 Apr 2017. They should be able to produce the degree within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at OTA, Chennai. Such candidates will be inducted for training at OTA, Chennai on additional bond basis for recovery of the cost of training as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay and allowances paid, in case they fail to produce the requisite degree certificate.
(2) Service in NCC - Should have served for minimum two academic years in the senior Division/ Wing of NCC.
(3) Grading - Should have obtained minimum of 'B' Grade in 'C' Certificate Exam of NCC.
For Ward of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel ->(1) Degree of a recognized University or equivalent with aggregate of minimum 50% marks taking into account marks of all the years/ semesters.
(2) NCC 'C' Certificate not required.
(a) Height and Weight - The minimum acceptable height is 157.5 cms with co-related weight and for women candidate is 152 cms and 42 Kg. In case of candidates belonging to the North East and Hilly Areas like Gorkhas, Nepalese, Assamese and Garhwalis, the height is relaxed by 5 cms and weight commensurate with reduced height. In case of candidates from Lakshadweep the minimum acceptable height is reduced by 2 cms.
(b) Visual Standards - For male candidate distance Vision (Corrected) better eye 6/6 and worse eye 6/18. Myopia should not be more than -3.5D and hypermetropia not more than +3.5D including Astigmatism.
Method of Selection:
(a) Shortlisting of Applications. Integrated HQ of MoD (Army) reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cutoff percentage of marks without assigning any reason. After shortlisting of applications, the Centre allotment will be intimated to the candidate via their email. After allotment of Selection Centre, candidates will have to log in to the website and select their SSB dates on a first come first served basis, through the link forwarded via email.
(b) Only shortlisted eligible candidates depending on the cutoff percentage will undergo SSB at Selection Centres, Allahabad(UP), B hopal(MP), Bangalore (Karnataka) and Kapurthala (PB) by psychologist, Group Testing Officer and Interviewing Officer. Call up letter for SSB interview will be issued by respective Selection Centre on candidates registered e-mail id and SMS only. Allotment of Selection Centre is at the discretion of DG Rtg, IHQ of MoD (Army) and NO request for changes are entertained in this regard.
(c) Candidates will be put through two stage selection procedure. Those who clear Stage I will go to Stage II . Those who fail in stage I will be returned on the same day. Duration of SSB interviews is five days and details of the same are available at official website. This will be followed by a medical examination for the candidates who get recommended after Stage II.
(d) Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit, will be issued joining letter for training in the order of merit depending on the number of vacancies available.
How to Apply: Eligible Indian Nationals apply online through Join Indian Army Website. The last date for registration of online applications is 15/02/2017 at 10:00 Hours. The last date for receipt of applications for ward of battle casualties at DTE Gen of Recruiting is 20/02/2017.
|Detailed Notification >>|
|Apply Online >>|