Indian Army invites applications from married / unmarried Male and unmarried Female candidates and also from Wards of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel, for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in the Indian Army under NCC Special Entry Scheme 41st Course – April 2017.
NCC SPECIAL ENTRY SCHEME 41st COURSE-APR 2017 SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION (NT) FOR MEN & WOMEN (INCLUDING WARDS OF BATTLE CASUALTIES OF ARMY PERSONNEL)
Post & Course Name
50 (45 for General and 05 for Wards of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel only)
05 (04 for Women General Category and 01 for Wards of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel only
Age Limit: For NCC candidates (including Wards of Battle Casualties) 19 to 25 years as on 01 Jan 2017 (born not earlier than 02 Jan 92 and not later than 01 Jan 98, both dates inclusive).
For NCC 'C' Certificate Holders ->
(1) Degree of a recognized University or equivalent with aggregate of minimum 50% marks taking into account marks of all the years/ semesters.
(2) Those studying in final year are also allowed to apply provided they have secured minimum 50% aggregate marks in the first two/three years. Such students will need to secure overall aggregate of minimum 50% marks if selected in interview failing which their candidature will be cancelled. The candidates studying in the final year of graduation should complete their examinations related to the degree, like, written, practical's, viva-voce, projects backlogs etc prior to 01 Apr 2017. They should be able to produce the degree within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at OTA, Chennai. Such candidates will be inducted for training at OTA, Chennai on additional bond basis for recovery of the cost of training as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay and allowances paid, in case they fail to produce the requisite degree certificate.
(2) Service in NCC - Should have served for minimum two academic years in the senior Division/Wing of NCC.
(3) Grading - Should have obtained minimum of 'B' Grade in 'C' Certificate Exam of NCC.
For Ward of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel ->(1) Degree of a recognized University or equivalent with aggregate of minimum 50% marks taking into account marks of all the years/ semesters.
(2) NCC 'C' Certificate not required.
(a) Height and Weight - The minimum acceptable height is 157.5 cms with co-related weight and for women candidate is 152 cms and 42 Kg. In case of candidates belonging to the North East and Hilly Areas like Gorkhas, Nepalese, Assamese and Garhwalis, the height is relaxed by 5 cms and weight commensurate with reduced height. In case of candidates from Lakshadweep the minimum acceptable height is reduced by 2 cms.
(b) Visual Standards - For male candidate distance Vision (Corrected) better eye 6/6 and worse eye 6/18. Myopia should not be more than 3.5D and hypermetropia not more than 3.5D including Astigmatism. For women candidates the minimum acceptable visual acuity are Distant Vision(corrected) better eye 6/6, worse 6/18, Myopia of not more than minus 5.5 including Astigmatism.
Method of Selection:
(a) All applications are to be forwarded to the OC, Unit from where NCC 'C' Certificate has been obtained. The NCC Units/Group HQs will forward the applications to State Directorates who in turn will forward the same to HQ Directorate General NCC. HQ Directorate General NCC will forward the applications to Directorate General Recruiting.
(b) Thorough screening/Shortlisting of applications based on qualifications of the candidates will be carried out by the NCC Directorates and HQ DG NCC.
(c) Candidates not in receipt of call letter from any of the Selection Centres for SSB interview should presume that either their applications have been received after due date or have been found ineligible or rejected during short- listing. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained. Candidates after shortlisting will be detailed for SSB interview by Directorate General of Recruiting.The decision of Headquarter DG NCC and Dte Gen Rtg in Army HQ, in the matter of Shortlisting and forwarding of applications to SSBs will be final.
(d) On arrival at the Selection Centre the candidates will be administered stage-I of the two stages testing procedure. Candidates failing in stage-I will be sent back on the same day and those who qualify will be retained to undergo stage-II comprising of Group Tests, Psychological Tests and Interview which will extend for a duration of 4 days (excluding stage -I day).
(e) Candidates recommended by SSBs will be required to go through Medical Exam. Candidates who are found medically fit will be placed in order of merit as per the marks obtained in SSB interview amongst the recommended candidates. Boarding and lodging during interviews at SSBs are free. Recommendation by SSB confers no right of admission to the Officers Training Academy. The final selection will be made as per the order of merit subject to medical fitness and suitability in all
other respects and number of vacancies available.
(f) The merit list of the recommended candidates will be displayed at the reception of Directorate General Recruiting and Directorate General Recruiting website (Join Indian Army Official Website).
How to Apply: Eligible Indian Nationals apply online through Join Indian Army Website from 21/07/2016 at 10:00 Hours and registration close on 18/08/2016 at 17:00 Hours.
The last date for receipt of applications is as under:-
At NCC Bn - 22nd August 2016
At NCC Gp HQ - 03 September 2016
At DG NCC - 17 September 2016
At Rtg Dte from Dte Gen NCC - 30 September 2016
|Detailed Notification >>||Apply Online >>||Application Format >>|